Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Adjusting

Well, it's been a few days shy of a week since I started this new medicine. Yesterday I woke up with a extremely bad headache and I was tired all day. Since starting this medicine, I have been extremely nauseated and anxious. These all are common side effects. Yesterday was hard for me, I fought sleep all day then night came and I couldn't go to sleep.
These drugs were not a cure for my narcolepsy, nor did they "normalize" me by any means. However they did help me to achieve a much higher quality of life. Without these, treatments, my life would have been entirely under the control of cataplexy and pervasive sleepiness. - Julie Flygare.

I started and finished reading a book (this week) called "Wide Awake and Dreaming: A Memoir Of Narcolepsy" I strongly suggest everyone reads it. Many people only know of Narcolepsy by the stereotypes from tv and movies. It's far from that. In Julie Flygare's memoir, she writes how her life completely changed after it. I absolutely love this my life did change after being diagnosed, and not many people know about it. I am working to change that. Help me spread the awareness of Narcolepsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment