About an hour after the shutdown began at 12:01 a.m. ET Tuesday, House members voted to once again tack on the anti-Obamacare amendments that the Senate has said is a deal-breaker. They also requested a conference with the Senate to work out their differences.
The shutdown won’t happen all at once. The federal government is the country’s largest employer.
Federal employees who are considered essential will continue working. Those deemed non-essential — more than 800,000 — will be furloughed, unsure when they’ll be able to work or get paid again. Most furloughed federal workers are supposed to be out of their offices within four hours of the start of business Tuesday. To Read More Click Here
Military you will still get paid Obama has signed an act requiring that. However there are a few loops.
It goes on to talk about Navy Personnel Command, Education impact, Training support centers, Great lakes and learning sites, advancements, an additional information. This article can be found at What We Know Now About The Government ShutdownNone of us know for sure how long this shutdown will last, but to alleviate some of your anxiety and address some of you questions, below is what we know to date:Pay and bonuses:
- For basic pay/Basic Allowance for Subsistence (BAS)/Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH)
- During the shutdown, military members will be paid on time. Excepted civilians (civilians not furloughed) will receive pay — still working the through the details on exactly when — will provide updated info when we get it.
- No new bonus agreements (enlistment/reenlistment) can be entered into during the period of a government shutdown.
- Anniversary payments: No payments can be made during the shutdown. Members will be paid retroactively after government reopens.
- Special and incentive pays (i.e. example Imminent Danger Pay (IDP)/Hardship Duty Pay (HDP)/Hazard Duty Incentive Pay (HDIP)
- No payments will be made during a government shutdown. Members will be paid retroactively once the government reopens.
****This has changed since I last wrote this post. I will update it as soon as I can. :) I know that specialized pay will still be received now