Wednesday, August 28, 2013

An Unheard Voice

Tonight, I am hoping to raise awareness of a program many haven't heard of. I plan on volunteering or interning for the program :)I ask that tonight you just take the time to read what I have to post. I have posted a few videos because I couldn't say it better than the video itself. (Most videos are from 2011).


There is a program called CASA. Casa is a Court Appointed Special Advocate for child. They are nonprofit. "Last year, more than 77,000 CASA and guardian ad litem (GAL) volunteers helped 234,000 abused and neglected children find safe, permanent homes. CASA volunteers are everyday citizens who have undergone screen and training with their local CASA/GAL program."CASA - about us



Please watch this video

 CASA helps the "powerless children" who are under the court's supervision. They make sure the children are safe and they are receiving all mandated services by the court. They become the person that the child can count on during their time with the legal system. CASA remains with their child until the child is safe, loving, and permanent home is reached.


I know that all of you readers are from all over. Here is the FAQs for Newport News. CASA can deal with children that are neglected or abused. Each case is handled different and taken care of on a personal level.

Please help me raise awareness for CASA. Children need our help. They need someone who can be a voice in a time of need. <3

A voice from a few of those that have had a CASA worker:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment